Monday, January 4, 2010

Pudgy or not

This is a disclaimer for using the word "pudgy."  I shouldn't have.  I really don't look down on anyone because of their weight (or in some cases like Julie, their underweight).  Honestly I was just decribing them and like the ring of that word.  I think the Barbie bashers are right.  Barbie would have died with those proportions.  There's too much emphasis on weight in our culture!  This blog is about total fitness, focusing on aerobics.  Rulon and I have often discussed how many heavier runners overtook us in races.  That's because they had trained aerobically better than we had.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, but I'm not underweight! I think an underweight person is one who isn't eating enough or etc. I'm just a short person w/ a small frame! I'll forgive you though. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Julie does have a point.
    What are the PC words for pudgy?? ;-) Just kidding.
    You are absolutely right-- this is about health and fitness. Looking great is just a side benefit. ;-D

    ReplyDelete